Free or Reduced Lunch Program (Public Schools)
Social Security Disability (SSD)
Minnesota Care (MNCare) or Medical Assistance (MA)
Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children (WIC)
HUD Section 8 Housing
Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
Major VA Disability
Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) - Formerly AFDC
- Unemployment Benefits through the State of MN (being unemployed does not meet qualifications)
How to Register:
- Please register online by clicking here.
- You may also call 612-720-8236 or e-mail the MNSNAP manager to schedule a date for the number and type of surgeries to be performed. You will be asked to provide identification and other information MNSNAP will need to determine your eligibility.
- Call at least 24 hours before your scheduled clinic date if you have to re-schedule.
- Each family will be allowed to re-schedule once.
- You may select the date and location of your choice on our online registration form. If you call, rather registering online, MNSNAP's office manager will tell you the date and the location of the spay-neuter clinic in your area.
- If you are scheduling through a local rescue organization or animal shelter, that organization will determine your eligibility and collect information. The organization will then notify MNSNAP about your appointment.
On the day of the clinic, you will be responsible for having the surgical consent form signed and payment ready when you arrive. MNSNAP staff will perform pre-surgical exams* and operate on all animals scheduled for that day. At the end of the day, you will receive post surgical instructions, signed sterilization certificates, and pain medications.
If your pet has post-op complications, call the MNSNAP veterinarian at 612-720-1492 and she will direct you to a MNSNAP affiliated veterinary office in your area. If it is determined that MN SNAP is responsible for the post-op complications, MNSNAP will cover all expenses related to the visit. Alternatively, you may present the patient to any non participating vet at your expense.
We only provide spay/neuter and umbilical repair services to pets.
Core vaccinations and Microchips are only available to our surgical patients.
Spay and neuter services provided for:
Dogs, puppies, cats, kittens, and rabbits
Requirements for surgery:
PLEASE NOTE: YOU WILL BE CALLED BY PHONE WHEN YOUR PET HAS RECOVERED FROM SURGERY AND IS READY TO COME HOME. WE ARE NOT ABLE TO PREDICT A PICK-UP TIME. WE GIVE EACH OF OUR PATIENTS OUR UNDIVIDED ATTENTION. NO ANIMAL IS ALLOWED TO LEAVE THE MOBILE UNIT UNTIL RECOVERED. AT TIMES THIS CAN CREATE A BACKLOG. PLEASE MAKE OTHER ARRANGEMENTS IF YOU ARE NOT AVAILABLE FOR THE ENTIRE DAY OF SURGERY. PLEASE PROVIDE ALL CONTACT PHONE NUMBERS.
- Kittens must weigh at least 2 lbs.
- Puppies must be at least 8 weeks old.
- All baby rabbits must be 6 months old.
- We can spay animals that are pregnant or in heat.
- Animals must be healthy, hydrated and eating the day of surgery.
- Do not fast animals prior to surgery. This means that they should eat as they do normally.
- Rabbits brought in for surgery need to have hay and water in their cage.
- Dogs must be walked prior to surgery.
- Animals must be temperamentally sound or muzzled.
- Animals must have a carrier or kennel. If you do not have one, notify the MN SNAP manager so we can loan you one for the day. We only have spare kennels for animals 20 pounds or less.
- Carrier/kennel must be labeled with owner and pet name.
- Someone from our vet staff will contact you in the afternoon when your animal is ready to be picked up.
What you need to do:
- Contact our manager at firstname.lastname@example.org for scheduling or register online unless you are scheduling through a rescue organization or animal shelter.
- Animal check-in at the mobile clinic begins promptly at the time you are given. Please do not be late.
- Have payment (cash only) and form of qualifying i.d. ready prior to arrival.
- Payment is due before you leave your animal for surgery.
- You will need to provide a carrier/crate and bedding for your pet(s) on the day of surgery. Cardboard cat carriers are available for purchase at the mobile clinics for $5.
- Have a contact person available by phone for immediate consultation regarding emergencies or disposition of animals.
MNSNAP and Blue Sky Veterinary Services will provide:
- There are no external sutures unless stated in post-op instructions.
- Pets can eat after they are fully awake.
- Restrict your pet’s activity level for a week after surgery.
- No bathing pets for a week after surgery.
- Pain meds will be sent home with your pet.
- More detailed post-operative instructions can be found here.
- You will be given post-op instructions specific to your animal when you pickup him/her.
- Male dogs and cats may still be able to impregnate a female for about a month after being neutered. Please keep them away from unfixed females until sperm remaining in their reproductive tract have cleared.
Notify the manager of any cancellations or changes as soon as possible.
All fees are collected before surgery. Nail trim included. Cash ONLY.
Cat or rabbit neuter - $40 (male)
Cat or rabbit spay - $50 (female)
Dog spay or neuter - $60 (male and female)
PLEASE NOTE: ALL Dogs over 50lbs... add $10
Cryptorchid males (males with undescended testicles) – add $1/minute to locate and excise cryptorchid testicle(s).
If an animal has a reducible umbilical hernia (bulging belly button), it will be repaired at the time of surgery at an additional charge of $10.
Vaccinations provided for surgery patients if requested:
- Rabies Vaccination for pets over 3 months old... $10
- PRC (panleukopenia/rhinotracheitis/Calicivirus combo) for cats... $10
- DHPP (distemper/hepatitis/parainfluenza/Parvovirus combo) for dogs... $10
- Advantage Multi topical flea & ear mite treatment for cats... $12
- Advantage Multi topical flea & ear mite treatment for kittens... $12
- Injectable tapeworm medication for dogs and cats... $12
There is a $5 fee for a replacement vaccination certificate/tag.
There are no vaccinations-only services. Read more about core vaccinations.
Microchips are provided for surgery patients if requested:
Animal microchips are about the size of a grain of rice and will be implanted by our vet just beneath the surface of the skin. The process is similar to receiving vaccination through a needle and is painless to most pets.
We use the 24PetWatch Microchip ID. 24PetWatch is dedicated to the safe return of your pet.
- Microchip implantation and registration... $20
- If you change of emergency contact after one year... $14.95
- Optional fee for unlimited lifetime changes to emergency contact info... $35.99
* A pre-surgical physical exam will determine gender and sterilization status, weight, and will include assessment for hydration, activity level, body condition, heart sounds, external parasites, presence of an umbilical hernia, and obvious signs of disease such as vomiting, diarrhea, coughing, or sneezing. Patients with skin disease will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
Qualified pet owners should click here to register online.
You may also contact our Office Manager, Christie Daluge, at 612-720-8236.